HONEY YOGURT WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES, RAW PECANS AND DARK CHOCOLATE!
This beautiful little dish of “Real Food” ingredients is a great energizing snack. The last few months, I’ve been spending every available minute working on my novel and I’m constantly looking for a quick wholesome pick-me-up to keep me going. Plain Greek yogurt and fresh fruit is satisfying and healthy.
It’s versatile though and makes the perfect delicious dessert that tastes fantastic and doesn’t seem like just yogurt and fruit if you dress it up. The whipped coconut cream and the shaved dark chocolate add that touch to make it special.
I absolutely love fresh strawberries and thought the season was over. Here in the Pacific Northwest strawberry season last a very short few months, but apparently, the season goes on for most of the year in California. This week the market where I shop brought in a new batch of the gorgeous fresh organic fruit and I picked up a one-pound container.
THE WHOLESOME REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
To prepare this easy treat, first, thoroughly whisk a teaspoon of honey into some plain Greek yogurt.
Next, clean the organic strawberries, and then cut them in half and slice them.
Then, layer the yogurt and fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon in two dessert dishes.
Last, top each with a little more cinnamon, a scoop of whipped coconut cream, the raw pecans and the shaved dark chocolate.
Garnish with a little sprig of fresh mint.
Click HERE to see how to prepare the Whipped Coconut Cream.
SERVE AND ENJOY!
Honey Yogurt with Fresh Strawberries, Raw Pecans and Dark Chocolate
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: No Cooking Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Plain Organic Greek Yogurt (Check the Ingredient List for Anything Unwanted)
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (Good Quality Local Honey Is Best)
- 1 Cup Fresh Organic Strawberries (Sliced)
- 1/8 Cup Raw Pecans (I used Trader Joe’s Raw Pecan Halves)
- 1/8 Cup Coconut Cream (Whipped)
- 1/8 Cup Dark Chocolate (Shaved)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Fresh Mint (For Garnish)
- Thoroughly whisk a teaspoon of honey into the plain Greek yogurt.
- Clean the organic strawberries, and then cut them in half and slice them.
- Layer the yogurt and fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon in two dessert dishes.
- Top each with a little more cinnamon, a scoop of whipped coconut cream, the raw pecans and the shaved dark chocolate.
- Garnish with a little sprig of fresh mint.
- Serve and Enjoy.