REFRESHING AND LIGHT, FRUIT AND YOGURT AND NUTS FOR BREAKFAST!
This healthy and fresh parfait is perfect for breakfast, but would also be great for an afternoon snack or a light dessert. And the special glass makes it fun.
Here in the Pacific Northwest we’ve been having some unusually warm weather so far this spring. This cantaloupe parfait, with its cool and thirst quenching qualities as well as its generous nutrients is a wonderful choice for starting a warm day.
THE FRESH COOL REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS
First, whisk a teaspoon of local honey (or a little more if you like your yogurt sweeter) into a cup of plain organic yogurt. I prefer regular yogurt, not Greek, for multiple reasons.
Next using a melon baller, scoop the cantaloupe into small balls or cut it into small pieces with a knife, measuring about one and a half cups. Using the melon baller isn’t as easy as it seems. I’ll need a little more practice.
Then layer the yogurt and cantaloupe balls and about one cup of fresh blackberries cut in half into two tall narrow glasses and top each with a few raw walnuts.
A SPECIAL TREAT!
The cantaloupe has even more beta-carotene content than oranges and is strong in its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Visit the world’s healthiest foods website for more nutritious information about cantaloupe.
Cantaloupe and Blackberry Honey Yogurt Parfait
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: No Cooking Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Plain Organic Yogurt (Check the Ingredient List for Anything Unwanted)
- 1 1/2 Cup Cantaloupe (Scoop with a Melon Baller or Chopped into Small Pieces)
- 1 Cup Fresh Organic Blackberries (Cut in Half)
- 1/8 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (Good Quality Local Honey Is Best)
- Whisk the teaspoon of honey (use a little more if you like your yogurt sweeter) into the yogurt. I prefer regular yogurt, not Greek.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the cantaloupe into small balls or cut it into small pieces with a knife, measuring about one and a half cups.
- Layer the yogurt and cantaloupe balls and fresh blackberry halves into two tall narrow glasses.
- Top each with a few raw walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy.