HEARTY BREAKFAST MUFFIN WITH SPICY ITALIAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE, EGG AND TANGY CHEDDAR CHEESE FOR TWO!
Sometimes you just need to have a substantial breakfast and this is one of my favorites. The whole wheat English muffin, the peppery sausage, the sharp cheddar, the broken-yoke egg, and to top it off, the spicy Dijon mustard. Then, for a little coolness, the crunchy fresh apple slices.
This breakfast muffin is a great way to start a long, busy day. Plenty of protein, especially the high-quality protein and other nutrients from the egg, with some whole grain carbs and a side of fresh fruit. A nicely balanced Real Food Meal.
THE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS FOR THIS NOURISHING REAL FOOD MEAL
Begin by forming around a pound of bulk sausage into patties and cook thoroughly, until browned. I use this opportunity to buy sausage in bulk so I can cook extra patties for the freezer to make a quick meal another day.
Lightly butter two English muffins and put them under the broiler until toasted.
Spread a generous amount of Dijon mustard, or however much you might like, on each half of the muffins. Then place a cheese slice on the bottom muffin. Next place a broken-yoke, medium cooked egg on top of the cheese and place a sausage patty on the top muffin. Put the sandwiches together and cut them in half and get ready to love your breakfast.
Cut a Fuji apple into slices and serve with your muffin. The sandwich is filling and delicious and the apple is perfect with it.
THE FLAVORS WILL WAKE YOU UP, ENJOY!!
Eggs have gotten a lot of bad press in the past, but recently I have been reading that eggs are finally getting the respect they deserve as a nutrient rich food. Visit the Egg Nutrition Center website for some great information about the benefits of eating eggs. Egg 101 – Egg Nutrition Facts.
Chicken Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffin
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 Chicken Sausage Patties (Good Quality, No Preservatives or Unnecessary Ingredients)
- 2 Whole Wheat English Muffins (Check the Ingredient List for Any Unwanted Additives)
- 2 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Watch for Unnecessary Ingredients)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Fuji Apple (Or Your Favorite Fresh Fruit)
- Form bulk sausage into patties and cook thoroughly, until browned. I use this opportunity to buy the sausage in bulk and cook extra patties for the freezer to make a quick meal another day.
- Lightly butter the English muffins and put them under the broiler until toasted.
- Spread the Dijon mustard on each half of the muffins.
- Place a cheese slice on the bottom muffin.
- Place a broken-yoke, medium cooked egg on top of the cheese.
- Place a sausage patty on the top muffin.
- Put the sandwiches together and cut in half.
- Cut the apple into slices and serve with the muffin.